Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Getting to know what is outside my window

It was Day 20, 13th April 2020. I didn't quite know what exactly to aim at to capture photos for this day's post. So I took a break and decided to update information on the species of birds that I have been putting up with no clue of their names! I had earlier initiated a forum thread at ISC and then directly contacted Dr Deepali, an ecology and biodiversity expert who responded to the thread.

Thanks to Dr Deepali I was thrilled to know that the swift bird outside my window is a Grey fantail (Rhipidura albiscapa)

The little bird in the video at the end of 'The crow and tangled designs outside my window' blog post is a Purple Sun Bird.

My chattering squirrel friend is a five-striped squirrel (Funambulus pennanti)

The chirpy sparrow is a House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) and the pair of birds in that same blog post are Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis)

It was exciting to know that there was a Green bee-eater (Merops orientalis) outside my window and the butterfly outside my window is a Cabbage Butterfly (Pieris rapae) too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The yellow flowers and thirst quencher outside the window

When you look more closely at the greenery outside the windows from a design point of view, you tend to notice the unique shapes and forms...